Maple Orange Glazed Squash
- Yield: 2 servings
Orange juice and maple syrup caramelize over the squash, enhancing its natural sweetness.
- 1 acorn or butternut squash, halved and seeded
- 2tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Juice of 1 orange or 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice (not from concentrate)
- 1/4teaspoon ground cinnamon or apple pie spices
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Arrange squash halves, cut side down, in a baking pan. Add 1 inch of water to pan and bake 35 minutes until almost tender. Meanwhile, in a nonreactive small mixing bowl, combine maple syrup, lemon and orange juice and cinnamon. Turn cooked squash halves over and brush them with this glaze, pouring remaining glaze inside cavities of squash halves. Continue to bake 10 minutes until lightly browned and tender.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 137
- Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 7mg
- Carbohydrate 36g
- Fiber 3g
- Protein 2g