Maple Granola with Cranberries and Almonds
- Yield 5 cups
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 35 mins
Homemade granola is tastier and cheaper than store-bought.
Measure the oil into a measuring cup and swirl it around to coat the inside of the cup. Pour it into the saucepan and then measure the maple syrup into the cup -- slides out like a charm.
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats (1 pound)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cooking spray
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325F. Combine oats and almonds in a large bowl.
- Combine oil, maple syrup and cinnamon in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Pour over oat mixture and mix to combine. Spread evenly in a roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Bake 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until golden brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Stir in cranberries.
Recipe by Jean Kressy.