Maple-Glazed Brussels Sprouts
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 13 mins
Add tofu to make these Brussels sprouts a main dish.
In this sprightly recipe, Brussels sprouts are stir-fried with an Asian-inspired maple glaze. Try these with roasted chicken or any roasted meat, or make a vegetarian main dish, stirring in 8 ounces diced firm tofu, seasoned or plain, into the finished dish.
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, bottoms trimmed, halved
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, cut into slivers
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Drop Brussels sprouts in the boiling water and cook them 2 minutes. Drain, rinsing with cold water.
- Whisk together soy sauce, mustard, maple syrup, salt and pepper. Set aide.
- Heat oil in a heavy nonstick skillet. Add onion and red bell pepper; sauté 5 minutes. Add Brussels sprouts. Sauté 4 minutes.
- Add glaze. Cook until vegetables are coated and glaze thickens, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Crescent Dragonwagon