Mango Walnut Bread
- Yield servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 60 mins
- 4 cups all purpose flour, sifted
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons each cinnamon and baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 -- eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil and unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon each lemon juice and lemon zest
- 3 cups chopped fresh mango
- 3/4 cup California walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease and flour two 9×5-inch loaf pans.
In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
Lightly beat eggs, oil and butter in a medium bowl. Gradually add egg mixture to flour mixture; stirring well to blend. Add lemon juice, lemon zest, mango, walnuts, and coconut; mix well.
Pour half the mixture into each loaf pan. Bake at 350F for 1 hour or until wood stick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans onto wire racks.
Makes 2 loaves.
Recipe courtesy of Yan Can Cook, Inc. (Copyright: 1992)