Peanut Chicken and Mango Crostini
- Yield 4-6 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar plus 1/4 cup, divided use
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons tamari sauce
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney, any chunks minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, divided use
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil plus 1/2 teaspoon, divided use
- 1 -- ripe mango, or 1 cup frozen mango thawed, cut in chunks
- 4 -- scallions, coarsely chopped, white and green parts
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 -- 8 ounce package garlic Naan flatbreads
- 1/2 cup unsalted cocktail peanuts
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turbinado sugar
- 1 cup shredded Chinese cabbage
Rinse and dry chicken pieces. In a small bowl combine 2 tablespoons vinegar, garlic, tamari sauce and chutney. Brush chutney blend over chicken pieces and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon each: salt and pepper.
Heat 2 tablespoons cooking oil in a large skillet or grill pan over medium heat and add the chicken pieces side by side. Cover and cook for 7 minutes. Turn chicken pieces and cook uncovered until no longer pink inside. Remove chicken to a plate to rest for 5 minutes. Cut at a 45 degree angle in to 1/4-inch thick slices.
Meanwhile, pulse 1/4 cup rice vinegar, mango, scallions, cilantro, basil, peanut butter, coconut, ginger, red pepper flakes, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper in a blender or food processor until just combined.
Place Naan flatbreads on a cookie sheet and broil until golden, flip and lightly broil other side.
Heat 1/2 teaspoon cooking oil to hot in a small saute pan. Add peanuts, stir to coat and remove from heat. Sprinkle nuts with paprika, sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt and toss to coat. Let nuts cool.
Assemble dish by laying shredded cabbage across a serving platter. Place Naan crostini on next and fan chicken slices across Naan. Spoon mango sauce across chicken and top with spiced nuts. So delicious! Serves 4-6