- Yield: 2 servings
- 2-- ripe mangoes (about 3/4 pound each) or 1 mango and banana
- 2-- pieces crystallized ginger, about 1 ounce
- 1cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1-- (8-ounce) container low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1-- handful chipped ice
- To cut mango into pieces, stand it on end and slice the flesh off both sides of the central pit. Lay each half on a cutting board, and with the tip of your knife, score the flesh in a cross-hatch pattern. Pushing from the skin side, turn inside out so that the mango flesh pops up; slice it off the skin. Also cut off the remaining flesh from around the pit and remove the skin.
- In a blender, puree the fruit and ginger, scraping down the sides as necessary. Add the buttermilk, yogurt and ice and puree until smooth and frothy. Pour into glasses.