Mango Fool Parfait
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 0 mins
Dessert couldn't be simpler than this fool.
A fool is a combination of fresh fruit, confectioners' sugar and whipping cream. Serve with coconut macaroons.
- 1 1/2 cups puréed mango (2 large mangos yield 2 1/4 cups puree)
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons rum
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, whipped
- 3 cups chopped mango (4 to 5 mangos)
- Combine mango purée, sugar, lime juice and rum. Fold in whipped cream.
- Place 1/4 cup chopped mango in each of 6 parfait glasses. Top with 3/4 cup mango cream mixture and 1/4 cup chopped mango. Top each with a dollop of remaining mango cream mixture.
Recipe adapted from Chef Allen Susser.