Mango Fool Parfait
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 0 mins
A fool is a combination of fresh fruit, confectioners' sugar and whipping cream. Serve with coconut macaroons.
- 1 1/2cups puréed mango (2 large mangos yield 2 1/4 cups puree)
- 2/3cup confectioners' sugar
- 3tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3tablespoons rum
- 1 1/2cups heavy cream, whipped
- 3cups chopped mango (4 to 5 mangos)
- Combine mango purée, sugar, lime juice and rum. Fold in whipped cream.
- Place 1/4 cup chopped mango in each of 6 parfait glasses. Top with 3/4 cup mango cream mixture and 1/4 cup chopped mango. Top each with a dollop of remaining mango cream mixture.
Recipe adapted from Chef Allen Susser, courtesy of the National Mango Board