Mango Coconut Chicken
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1teaspoon kosher salt
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1large ripe, slightly soft mango, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1/2cup coconut milk
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the garlic, ginger, cumin, red pepper flakes, salt and olive oil. Add the chicken to the seasoning mixture, coating completely.
- In a large nonstick skillet over high heat, add the chicken and sauté until well browned on both sides, about 7 to 8 minutes. (Discard remaining spice mixture.) Add the mango and coconut milk. Bring to a simmer and cook for another 4 to 5 minutes or until cooked through. Garnich with cilantro.
Serving Suggestion: Serve chicken with sauce over steamed white or brown rice and garnish with cilantro.
Recipe courtesy of the National Mango Board