Mango Cardamom Granita
- Yield 6 servings
This refreshing mango dessert can cool off even the hottest summer nights.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- -- Zest of 1 lime, finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 3 -- ripe mangos, peeled, pitted and cut into chunks (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup crisp white wine, such as Pinot Grigio
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, water, lime zest and cardamom over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, stirring. Reduce the heat to low and stir until sugar has dissolved completely. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Put mango chunks in a food processor with wine and cooled simple syrup. Process for 2 to 3 minutes until granita thickens. When done, mixture will have a slushy consistency. Pour mixture into an airtight container and place in freezer overnight. Use within 1 month.
Serving Tips: To make a non-alcoholic version, substitute 1/2 cup apple juice for the Pinot Grigio.
Recipe by Ingrid Hoffman.