- Yield: 10 servings
- 1/4cup butter
- 3/4cup sugar
- 2medium very ripe, soft mangos, peeled and pitted (1 1/2 mangos pureed and 1/2 mango diced)
- 1large egg, slightly beaten
- 1teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Coat a 9x5x3 inch pan with cooking spray.
- To prepare batter, in a large mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar. Add the mango puree, egg, vanilla and lime juice. In a separate large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Add the mango mixture to the flour mixture, stirring until the dry ingredients are just moistened. Stir in the walnuts and diced mango.
- To bake the mango bread, pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing from the loaf pan. Allow to cool for 1 hour on a rack before serving.
Recipe courtesy of the National Mango Board