Mango and Watermelon Salad
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2large (or 3 small) ripe, slightly soft mangos, peeled, pitted and cut in large dice
- 1cup seedless watermelon, cut in large dice
- 1/2small red onion, finely sliced
- 2tablespoons pickled jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 12small cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2tablespoons lemon juice
- 1tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1tablespoon honey
- 1/2teaspoon kosher salt
- 3tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
- 1cup watercress, washed and dried
- To prepare the salad: In a medium stainless steel bowl, combine the mango, watermelon, onion, jalapeno and tomatoes.
- To prepare the dressing: In a small bowl whisk the garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, honey and salt. To Serve: Drizzle dressing over the mango mixture and toss with cilantro and watercress.
Serving Suggestion: Remove watercress and pair with grilled chicken or fish.
Recipe by Chef Allen Susser, courtesy of the National Mango Board