Mango and Pepper Salsa
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 2 mangos, chopped
- 1/2large purple onion, chopped
- 3 to 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded, chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2cup cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the mangos, purple onion, green onions, red pepper, yellow pepper, jalapeno peppers, lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well. Chill, covered, for 8 to 12 hours. Serve with chips or as a salad on lettuce leaves.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Assistance League of the Bay Area’s Settings on the Dock of the Bay (the Assistance League of Houston, Texas, 1999).