Mandarin Chicken Salad
- Yield servings
This super chicken salad combines fruit, water chestnuts and a light lemon dressing.
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup green grapes, cut in half
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 (11-ounce) can mandarin orange segments in water, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (6-ounce) container nonfat lemon yogurt
- 6 cups (loosely packed) washed, stemmed, torn spinach leaves
- In a bowl, combine chicken, oil, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, garlic and ginger, coating chicken well.
- In a skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, cook chicken mixture over medium heat, 5 to 7 minutes, until chicken is done. Set aside and let cool.
- In a bowl, combine chicken, grapes, celery, green onions, orange segments and water chestnuts. Mix together yogurt and remaining soy sauce and pour over chicken mixture. Cover and refrigerate until mixture is well chilled, about 2 hours. Serve on spinach leaves.