Make Ahead Spanish Chicken
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Cook: 45 minutes
- 4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1 juice of one lime
- 1medium onion, chopped
- 1 red or green pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 14ounces can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1cup whole grain brown rice
- 1 1/2cups chicken broth
- 2teaspoons chili powder
- 2teaspoons paprika
- 1teaspoon thyme
- 1/2teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2teaspoon cumin
- 1/8teaspoon pepper
- 14ounces can black beans
- 1/2cup salsa
- 6ounces can California black olives
- 1/2cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil. Squeeze fresh lime juice over. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, saute onion, pepper and garlic until tender. Stir in tomatoes, broth, rice, beans, olives and seasonings. Bring to boil.
- Pour into greased 11 x 7 pan. Top with chicken. Cover and refrigerate ( if you want to bake immediately, continue with recipe now)
- When ready to bake, cover and bake at 350F for 35-40 minutes until chicken is tender. Uncover. Top with salsa and cheese. Cook 5 minutes longer. Garnish with additional olives.