Chicken in a Blanket
- Yield 12 servings
- 4 -- Halves Boneless, skinless breasts
- -- Cooking Spray
- 1 teaspoon each of garlic, sage, oregano, and fresh basil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small green pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks of celery, finely chopped with celery leaves
- 2 -- 8 ounce packags of softened cream cheese
- 2 cans of crescent rolls
Prehat the oven to 400 degrees
Spary a glass oblong dish with cooking spray.
Place each chicken breast in the dish and spray with cooking spray again.
Bake for 20 minutes.
When cool to the touch, cut the chicken in small bite size pieces.
Place the softened cream cheese in a large mixing bowl and add the spices and vegetables.
At this point, the chicken mixture can be refrigerated up to 24 hours.
Gently fold the cooled chicken into the cream cheese mixture.
Roll out the crescent rolls and divide in sections. Place a mount of the chicken in each triangle and wrap the dough over the chicken.
Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and cook according to the directions on the package of rolls.
This recipe serves 12 people.