Maine Lobster Roll
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 10 mins
- 4 (1 to 1 1/4 pound) lobsters
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper,
- 4 hot dog rolls
- 2 to 3 tablespoons softened butter
- Place lobsters head first in a large pot of boiling water. Boil with the lid slightly ajar 9 to 10 minutes or until lobsters are bright red. Transfer to a large bowl of ice water to stop the cooking and cool 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the meat from the shell and cut into 1/2-inch pieces. (You’ll have about 2 cups).
- Combine mayonnaise and pepper with lobster and refrigerate.
- Generously butter inside surfaces of rolls; spread outside sparingly. Heat a skillet over medium and add opened rolls, inside facing down. Toast 1 to 2 minutes or until golden. Turn and toast outsides until lightly golden.
- Fill rolls with chilled lobster salad and serve immediately.
Recipe by Marge Perry.