Maine Lobster Club Sandwich
- Yield 8 servings
Relive great summers in Maine with this fantastic summertime lobster sandwich.
- 4 cups lobster meat, cooked, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon lobster roe, cooked (optional)
- 1/4 cup celery, peeled, finely diced
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup Lemon mayonnaise
- 24 slices whole-grain or country-style bread
- 4 cups arugula
- 2 or 3 heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 24 sliced applewood smoked bacon, cooked
- 2 avocados, sliced
- Combine the lobster meat, cooked lobster roe, celery, green onions, and parsley in a bowl. Add ¼ cup of the lemon mayonnaise. Mix well and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Toast the bread. Generously spread 1 side of each piece of bread with lemon mayonnaise. Top 1 slice of bread with the arugula, 2 slices of tomatoes, and bacon. Place a toasted piece of bread on top. Place the avocado slices and Maine lobster mixture on top. Place the other piece of toast on top, and secure with wooden toothpicks. Cut the sandwich diagonally into 2 pieces.
Recipe by the Maine Lobster Promotion Council.