Maine Lobster Club Sandwich
- Yield: 8 servings
- 4cups lobster meat, cooked, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1tablespoon lobster roe, cooked (optional)
- 1/4cup celery, peeled, finely diced
- 1/4cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2cup Lemon mayonnaise
- 24slices whole-grain or country-style bread
- 4cups arugula
- 2 or 3 heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 24 sliced applewood smoked bacon, cooked
- 2 avocados, sliced
- Combine the lobster meat, cooked lobster roe, celery, green onions, and parsley in a bowl. Add ¼ cup of the lemon mayonnaise. Mix well and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Toast the bread. Generously spread 1 side of each piece of bread with lemon mayonnaise. Top 1 slice of bread with the arugula, 2 slices of tomatoes, and bacon. Place a toasted piece of bread on top. Place the avocado slices and Maine lobster mixture on top. Place the other piece of toast on top, and secure with wooden toothpicks. Cut the sandwich diagonally into 2 pieces.
Recipe by the Maine Lobster Promotion Council.