Magic Mixed Berry Cobbler
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 20 mins
The sweet batter rises to the top to form a crusty topping for sweetened berries.
If you're using frozen berries, cook them with the sugar and add water only if they're not juicy enough. The fruit mixture should be very soupy.
- 4 cups mixed fresh blueberries, blackberries and raspberries
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup 2 percent reduced-fat milk
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine berries, 1 cup of sugar and water in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves and berries release their juices. Remove from heat.
- Pour melted butter into 8 (6-ounce) ramekins or a 2-quart baking dish.
- Combine remaining sugar, flour and salt in a medium bowl. Stir in milk until well combined. Do not overbeat. Pour over butter. Do not stir. Spoon berries and juice over batter. Do not stir.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes for ramekins or 35 minutes for baking dish, until crust rises to the top and browns. Serves 8.
Recipe by Nancy Vienneau.