Madeleine, Raspberry and Dulce de Leche Shortcakes
- Yield: servings
- 12 madeleines
- 8ounces dulce de leche
- 4 heaped tablespoons almond butter
- 1/2pint (1 small basket) rasberries
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat oven at 300 F. Cut the top part of the madeleine as shown above. Set the madeleines in oven for 10 to 15 minutes. They need to dry a little, but be careful not to brown them. In the meantime, prepare the cream in a bowl. Mix the dulce de leche and almond butter.
- Once the madeleines are dried, spread the cream over each madeleine. A set of two madeleines will be used for one shortcake. Add approximately 7-8 raspberries on one of the cream-covered madeleines, sprinkle a few lemon drops, and cover with the other madeleine.
- It is best to let the madeleines absorb some of the cream for a couple of hours before serving.
—Marija Vidal, Papillotes