Three-Cheese Linguine Pie
- Yield: 10 servings
Burrata cheese comes in tubs like fresh mozzarella. If you like, grate a little extra cheese—Parmigiano Reggiano, Pecorino or Provolone—and sprinkle on top of baked pie, along with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil.
- 1pound dry linguine, broken in half
- 1/4cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 (8-ounce) tub burrata cheese, chopped
- 2cups whole-milk ricotta
- 1cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1cup chopped parsley
- 3tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 eggs
- 1teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter a 2-quart baking dish or deep 9-inch ovenproof skillet.
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and place pasta in a large bowl. Toss with butter and let cool to almost room temperature.
- Add remaining ingredients, except pepper. Stir well. Place in prepared pan. Bake about 20 minutes, until golden brown. Pie will be crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Remove from oven and sprinkle pepper on top.
- Let rest about 30 minutes and then cut into wedges to serve.
Recipe adapted from Mario Batali.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 406
- Fat 19g
- Cholesterol 88mg
- Sodium 313mg
- Carbohydrate 38g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 21g