Macaroni and Cheese with Wisconsin Aged Cheddar and Asiago Cheeses
- Yield 8 servings
This is a simple recipe for a delicious macaroni and cheese starring aged Cheddar and Asiago cheeses.
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- -- Butter
- -- Kosher salt
- -- Black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 cups (8-ounces) Wisconsin Aged Cheddar cheddar
- 2 cups (8-ounces) Wisconsin Asiago cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Add macaroni; bring back to boil and cook 5 minutes. Drain, rinsing with cold water.
- Butter an 11 x 8-inch baking dish. Spread 1/3 of the macaroni over the bottom. Season with salt and pepper. Combine cheeses in a bowl and sprinkle 1/3 of the cheeses over the macaroni. Continue with 2 additional layers of macaroni and cheeses. Combine milk and cream and slowly pour over macaroni. Cover tightly with foil and bake 45 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking until top browns a bit, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest 15 minutes. Serve hot.