- 5cups skim milk
- 1 egg
- 3tablespoons sugar
- 1tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 (16-ounce) package small sea shell pasta or macaroni
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2cups shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven 350F.
- Combine milk, egg, and sugar.
- Combine remaining ingredients in an oblong baking dish. Douse macaroni with milk mixture.
- Cover dish and bake 60-65 minutes. Bake an additional 10 minutes uncovered. Liquid should be absorbed and top layer of macaroni should be crispy.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Gulf Coast Favorites (Holly Clegg, 2008). For more from Holly, follow along at her website, Trim & Terrific.