Macaroni and Cheese in One Step
- Yield 10 to 12 servings
No boiling pasta for this all-in-one Macaroni and Cheese recipe, which easier than using a box mix.
- 5 cups skim milk
- 1 -- egg
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 -- (16-ounce) package small sea shell pasta or macaroni
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven 350F.
- In bowl, whisk together milk, egg, and sugar.
- In 2-quart oblong baking dish, combine remaining ingredients. Pour milk mixture over macaroni and stir well.
- Bake, covered, 60 to 65 minutes or until all liquid is almost absorbed. Uncover, and continue baking 10 minutes more.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg's Trim & Terrific Gulf Coast Favorites: Over 250 Easy Recipes from My Louisiana Kitchen, 2008.