Mac and Cheese Salad
- Yield 4 servings
Turn a traditional entrée into a light salad. Add bell peppers, olives or cubed tofu if you like.
- 2 cups cooked elbow macaroni pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese such as cheddar, jack or any combination
- 1 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow Dijon-style mustard
- 1 rib celery, sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup frozen green peas
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients well in a large nonreactive mixing bowl.
Note: Make it a day before so flavors can “get friendly” with one another.