- Yield: 6-8 servings
- 2cups lentils
- 1 1/2cups leeks, washed & cut into 1/4" dice
- 1cup carrots, peels & cut into 1/4" dice
- 1large stalk celery, finely diced
- 2pieces bay leaves
- 2teaspoons reduced sodium chicken Better than Boullion
- 1/2cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 4cups finely shredded fresh baby spinach, thoroughly washed and drained
Pour enough cold water over the lentils, leeks, carrots, celery, and bay leaves in a 3-quart saucepan to cover by three fingers. Add Better than Boullion and bring to a boil over high heat. Adjust the heat so the water is at a gentle boil and cook until the lentils are tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain the lentils, discard the bay leaves, and transfer to a large skillet.
Pour in the chicken stock, olive oil, thyme and season lightly with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and cook until the liquid is reduced enough to coat the lentils, about 3 minutes. Scatter the spinach over the lentils and toss just until the spinach is wilted, about 1 minute. Taste and add salt and pepper if necessary. Serve immediately.