- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 0 mins
A bowl of this on hand will take care of brown-bag lunches for several days.
This healthful, delicious pasta salad takes all of 15 minutes to make and can feed your kids for days. Add, subtract and substitute ingredients as you and your little tykes like.
- 1 package (9-ounce) fresh or frozen cheese tortellini
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 3 ounces smoked deli-shaved turkey breast, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 3 to 4 red onion, thin slices
- 2 ounces crumbled ricotta salata or feta cheese
- Cook tortellini in a large pot of salted, boiling water according to package directions. Drain, rinse under cold water, and drain again. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Whisk together oil, lemon juice, thyme, sugar and pepper in a small bowl. Pour over pasta; toss well. Add tomatoes, olives, turkey, onion, cheese and additional black pepper; toss well.
—Recipe by Laraine Perri for Relish, Sept. 2009