Lump Crab Cakes
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 6 mins
Everyone will love these succulent crab cakes.
- 1 pound lump crab meat
- 1 cup crushed Saltine crackers
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon each Dijon mustard and yellow mustard
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- Vegetable oil for sauteing
- Spread crabmeat out on a flat pan and sprinkle crushed Saltines over the top.
- In a small bowl mix together mayonnaise, egg, mustards, Worcestershire sauce, Old Bay Seasoning and Tabasco Sauce. Pour mayonnaise mixture over crabmeat; using your hands gently toss, taking care not to break up the lumps of crabmeat. Let mixture stand 5 minutes.
- Form mixture into 6 mounded rounds about 3 inches in diameter and 1 inch thick. Do not pack the batter too firmly. This is very important. The cakes should be as loose as possible, yet still hold their shape.
- Pour oil into a deep skillet and heat. Saute crab cakes a few at a time until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Remove to paper towels to drain briefly.
Recipe by Joan Nathan.