Lucy’s Chocolate Fudge Cake
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 3-1/3 tablespoon strong coffee
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1-1/3 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup flour
- 4 egg whites
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350; grease 9″ springform or removable bottom pan.
- Melt chocolate and coffee; cool.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg yolks one at a time to creamed mixture.
- Add flour; stir.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Mix chocolate into egg whites; fold into butter/egg mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 60 minutes. Top will be cracked; middle will be slightly moist.
- Glaze (optional): Melt chocolate and butter; pour over cake.
Upload a photo
You must be logged in to add recipes to your favorites
Login or register here