- Yield: 6 servings
- 2cans Black Eye Peas
- 1bunch parsley
- 1small onion
- 2cloves garlic
- 1can vegetable broth
- 1bunch green onions
- 1/4pound beef log
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 1tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1whole red pepper
- 3cups brown or white rice
- 1pinch shredded cheddar cheese
- 1dash franks hot sauce
- Simmer olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a large saute pan.
- Add diced onions, red pepper, and crushed garlic cloves.
- Rinse the black eye peas and once the onion browns, add the peas.
- Add the vegetable broth and cubed beef log to the saute pan.
- Simmer the saute mixture until hot.
- Boil the rice in a seperate pot.
- When the rice is finished, add parsley and chopped green onions to the saute pan.
- Stir the saute ingredients and remove from heat when parsley is wilted.
- Take 1/2 cup of rice and place in a bowl.
- Spoon desired amount of saute ingredients on top of rice.
- Add a pinch of shredded cheese to top of that.
- Dash desired amount of hot sauce to finish on top.