Lower-Fat Salad Drizzle
- Yield 16 servings
Reduce the amount of oil in traditional vinaigrette by substituting a little fruit juice.
Traditional vinaigrette is three parts oil to one part vinegar. In this recipe, a little fruit juice stands in for part of the oil.
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs such as basil, thyme, rosemary, oregano or chives or 1 tablespoon dried
- 2 tablespoons fruit juice such as orange, apple or tomato
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- -- Juice of 1 lemon
- -- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor fitted with the metal blade or blender and process or puree 1 minute or until smooth. Makes 1 cup.