Low-Fat New Potato Salad
- Yield 8 servings
There's always a place on the table for a healthy potato salad.
- 2 pounds red new potatoes
- 1/3 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1/4 cup nonfat mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- Place the potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook until tender but not mushy, about 20 minutes. Drain and cool. Cut into chunks and place in a large bowl.
- In another small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, salt and pepper, and mustard; blend well. Add the parsley, celery, green onions, red pepper, and relish to the potatoes in the bowl and toss gently with the dressing. Store in a covered bowl in the refrigerator.