Low-Fat Herb Dressing
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 0 mins
Calcium and iron abound in this bright low-fat dressing.
If you're watching your weight or fat intake, here's a flavorful and healthful dressing that will brighten up your salads. It can also be used as a dipping sauce for crudities.
- 1 small garlic clove
- 2/3 cup (firmly packed) baby spinach
- 2/3 cup flat Italian parsley leaves
- 2/3 cup non-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Place garlic, spinach and parsley in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the mixture is finely ground, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Add yogurt, lemon juice, salt, pepper and oil to the bowl. Process until the dressing is smooth.
- Transfer the dressing to a clean container and refrigerate, covered, for up to 5 days. Makes 1 cup.
Recipe courtesy of Earthbound Farm, http://www.ebfarm.com