Low-Fat Chocolate Mousse
- Yield: 12 servings
- 8ounces semisweet chocolate chips or chunks
- 8large eggs
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4cup plus 2 Tbsp confectioners' sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat an 8 1/2-inch springform pan with cooking spray and line the bottom with parchment or wax paper. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave, a double boiler or a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Meanwhile, separate the egg yolks from the whites and transfer the yolks to a bowl. Beat the yolks until thick and pale. Gradually beat in the chocolate until blended. Fold in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, beat the whites with 1/4 cup of the sugar until soft peaks form. Fold 1/4 of the whites into the chocolate mixture and then fold in the remaining whites. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until almost set but still slightly jiggly in the center. Cool in the pan to room temperature before cooling completely (still in the pan) in the refrigerator. Remove from pan; dust with remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar before serving.
Reprinted with permission from Robin Takes 5 by Robin Miller (Andrews McMeel Publishing )
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 156
- Fat 9g
- Cholesterol 145mg
- Sodium 44mg
- Carbohydrate 16g
- Fiber 1g
- Protein 5g