Low-Cal Strawberry Pie
- Yield: 8 pieces
- 3tablespoons sugar-free jello
- 3tablespoons cornstarch
- 1cup Splenda
- 1pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1cup water
- 2cups flour
- 1/2cup vegetable shortening
- 1teaspoon salt
- 4-5tablespoons cold water
To make the crust, mix flour with the salt, and cut in shortening until the dough looks like little peas.Add water, and mix until dough forms a ball.
Place in a pie pan, and prick the bottom with a fork, until holes are all over the bottom.
Bake in a pre-heated oven at 275*, until lightly browned.
- On the stove on med. heat, mix cornstarch and Splenda with a spoon, and add water and stir.Stir every couple of minutes with a whisk, until the mixture begins to bubble.When it reaches a thick consistency, remove from heat and add jello.Allow to cool completely , and add strawberries.Place all in ingredients in the pie shell and refrigerate for at least two hours.Garnish with whipped cream, and enjoy!