Love Me Tender Pork Tenderloin
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 30 mins
Marinated pork tenderloin goes well with couscous and vegetables.
Serve this pork sliced over a bed of pistachio couscous and topped with sautéed fennel and roasted corn.
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1 cup red wine, preferably Merlot or Cabernet
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 5 fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper 2 apples, cored and sliced into eighths
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place pork, wine, orange juice, basil, orange zest, pepper and garlic in a large, heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag. Marinate in the refrigerator at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Remove pork from the bag and reserve marinade.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan or skillet over medium heat. Add pork and brown evenly on all sides, about 5 minutes for each side.
- Transfer meat to a roasting pan and bake for about 20 minutes for medium rare.
- Meanwhile, in the same pan used for browning the pork, add reserved marinade and simmer over medium heat until pork is ready. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer pork to a cutting board and let rest at least 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with marinade reduction.
Recipe adapted from The Meat Club Cookbook, copyright 2006 by Vanessa Dina, Kristina Fuller and Gemma DePalma. Recipe courtesy of Chronicle Books, http://www.chroniclebooks.com.