Louisiana Baked Oysters
- Yield 12 servings
- 2 quarts oysters, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- -- Tabasco sauce to taste
- 2 cups cracker crumbs
- -- Paprika to taste
- 3/4 cup milk
- Layer the oysters, parsley, green onions, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, butter, salt, pepper, Tabasco sauce and cracker crumbs 1/2 at a time in a greased 8×12-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Poke several holes in the top. Pour the milk into the holes, being careful not to moisten the crumb topping all over. Bake at 375F for 10 minutes or until firm.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Favorite Recipes of Family and Friends of LSU AgCenter’s Serving Louisiana (LSU Agricultural Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 2002).