Lotta Lemon Pancake Roll-ups
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2cups fresh or frozen (thawed) blueberries
- 1cup light corn syrup
- 2teaspoons lemon juice
- 8ounces light cream cheese
- 2tablespoons lemon juice
- 1teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2cups all-purpose flour
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4cup sugar
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 3large eggs
- 1 1/4cups buttermilk
- 1cup milk
- 2tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1/2cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Combine blueberries, corn syrup and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Simmer 10 minutes. Pour into a sieve and strain into a small bowl.
- To prepare the pancakes, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer for 1 minute. Add lemon juice, zest and honey; mix 1 minute more. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, sugar and salt. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk and milk; fold into flour mixture until blended.
- Heat a large nonstick griddle or skillet over medium heat and melt 1 tablespoon butter. Spoon or pour 1/2 cup batter onto griddle for each pancake. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbles form on the surface; turn and cook 1 1/2 minutes longer. Transfer to warm oven and cook remaining batter, adding more butter as needed.
- Spread each pancake with 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture; roll up. Place 2 rolls on each plate and sprinkle with pecans. Drizzle with syrup.
– Margee Berry, Trout Lake, Wash.