Lorraine Frittata with Bacon, Onions and Gruyere
- Yield: 6 servings
- 3/4pound bacon, diced
- 1 1/4pounds yellow onions (about 5 medium), thinly sliced
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1cup shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Heat a large oven-safe sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook, stirring, until almost crisp. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon. Drain on paper towels. Discard fat, reserving 2 tablespoons in pan.
- Add onions to pan; season with salt and pepper. Sauté over high heat until onions start to turn golden. Lower heat to medium and cook until caramelized, stirring often, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Add eggs and cook, stirring, until onions are evenly distributed and eggs start to set on the bottom. Continue cooking and stirring 1 or 2 minutes until eggs are nearly cooked. Stir in bacon.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle cheese evenly over top. Place pan in oven and bake 8 to 10 minutes, until eggs are puffy on top, cheese has melted, and frittata is cooked through.
- Remove pan from oven. Cut frittata into wedges.
Recipe courtesy of Mother’s Bistro, Portland, Ore.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 460
- Fat 31g
- Cholesterol 485mg
- Sodium 1320mg
- Carbohydrate 11g
- Fiber 3g
- Protein 33g