The Longabergers’ Baked Apples
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 20 mins
Raisin- and butter-filled baked apples—a perfect fall dessert.
Serve these sweet apples with vanilla, caramel or cinnamon ice cream.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large baking apples, such as Rome Beauties or Macintosh
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided into 6 pieces
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Combine sugar, flour and cinnamon in a small mixing bowl.
- Cut each apple in half then core each half. Place apple halves skin-side down in a 2-quart baking dish. Fill each apple half with a few raisins. Divide cinnamon mixture equally among apple halves. Top each with a small piece of butter. Pour 1/3 cup water into the bottom of pan and place the cinnamon sticks in the pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until apples are tender. Cool slightly.
Recipe courtesy of the Longaberger Company.