- Yield 4 to 6 servings
This perfectly seasoned London broil will soon become a family favorite.
- 1 -- (2- to 2 1/2-pound) London broil
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Place beef in a large sealable plastic bag. Mix garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, oregano, basil, thyme and red pepper flakes in a bowl and pour over beef. Seal tightly and turn to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 10 hours, turning once or twice.
- Preheat broiler. Drain beef, reserving marinade. Arrange beef in a heavy broiling pan and broil for 7 minutes per side or until desired degree of doneness, basting frequently with reserved marinade.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Joseph Kushner Hebrew Academy’s The Kosher Palette II(Livingston, New Jersey, 2006).