- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 1-- (2- to 2 1/2-pound) London broil
- 4large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4cup lemon juice
- 3tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1tablespoon soy sauce
- 1teaspoon oregano
- 1teaspoon basil
- 1teaspoon thyme
- 1/2teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Place beef in a large sealable plastic bag. Mix garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, oregano, basil, thyme and red pepper flakes in a bowl and pour over beef. Seal tightly and turn to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 10 hours, turning once or twice.
- Preheat broiler. Drain beef, reserving marinade. Arrange beef in a heavy broiling pan and broil for 7 minutes per side or until desired degree of doneness, basting frequently with reserved marinade.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Joseph Kushner Hebrew Academy’s The Kosher Palette II(Livingston, New Jersey, 2006).