London Broil with Fresh Mushroom Salsa
- Yield 4 servings
This steak dinner is a breeze to make and full of delicious flavors!
- 1 pound flank, round or shoulder steak
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, sliced (about 3 cups)
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 1 cup jarred chunky tomato salsa
- Preheat broiler. Season steak with salt and pepper to taste. Place on a broiler rack; broil about 3-1/2 inches from heat until done as desired, about 4 to 5 minutes on each side for medium rare.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion; sauté until lightly browned and liquid evaporates, about 6 minutes. Stir in salsa; cook, mixing gently, until salsa is hot, about 15 seconds.
- Carve steak diagonally across the grain in thin slices and serve with Fresh Mushroom Salsa Sauce.