London Broil Sandwiches
- Yield 8 servings
A great portable gourmet lunch that's perfect for game-day tailgating.
- 1 (2-pound) London broil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon each salt and lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Prepared pesto
- 1 loaf sourdough bread, sliced and toasted
- Red onion, sliced
- Place the beef in a foil-lined 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Whisk the next 7 ingredients in a small bowl. Pour over the beef. Marinate covered with plastic wrap, in the refrigerator for 24 to 48 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove the plastic wrap. Broil 2 inches from the heat source for 5 to 7 minutes per side for medium rare. Let stand for 5 minutes. Using an electric knife, slice on the grain as thinly as possible. Spread pesto on each bread slice. Layer the beef, onion slices and arugula on the bread. Serve warm or cold.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Jacksonville’s Toast of the Coast (The Junior League of Jacksonville, Inc., 2005).