Loaded Twice-Baked Potatoes
- Yield 4 servings
Pieces of broccoli and carrots stud the fluffy filling in these loaded twice-baked potatoes.
- 2 large Idaho baking potatoes
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 3 large mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt or light sour cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded low-fat cheddar, mozzarella or Swiss cheese
- dash sweet paprika
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place potatoes on middle oven shelf and bake 40 to 45 minutes until tender. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Place broccoli and carrots in a microwave-safe dish with 1/4 cup water. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and microwave on high 2 minutes. Drain and rinse briefly in cold water, then drain and place in a nonreactive small mixing bowl.
- Add scallions, mushrooms and yogurt or sour cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise and remove most of pulp with a teaspoon, leaving two shells to fill. Place white part of potato you scooped out of shells into bowl with other vegetables and mix lightly. Fill potato shells with mixture and sprinkle with cheese. Sprinkle with paprika. When ready to eat, place potatoes in a 375-degree oven 15 minutes until cheese is melted and potatoes are heated through.