Loaded Sweet Potatoes
- Yield 2 servings
Use Garlic Lemon-Pepper Broccoli to top these baked sweet potatoes.
- 1 large sweet potato, washed
- 2 cups Garlic Lemon-Broccoli
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese or cheddar/Monterey jack mixture
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon soy bacon bits (optional)
- Bake potato in a 375-degree oven 45 minutes or until tender. Cool baked potato, cut in half lengthwise and scoop out flesh, creating a cavity inside both sides of the shell; set shells aside.
- Place cooked potato in a mixing bowl. Add broccoli, green onions, sour cream and cheese. Mix lightly and use to fill potato shells, mounding slightly. Drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkle with salt. Sprinkle with soy bacon bits, if using. Place in a baking pan and bake 15 to 20 minutes until potatoes are golden brown on top and heated through.