- Yield 24 servings
Chocolate brownies that are easy, rich and low in fat.
- 1 (1-pound 3.8-ounce) package low-fat brownie cake mix
- 1 (10-ounce) package miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 pound caramels
- 1/4 cup evaporated skimmed milk
- Chocolate Topping:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prepare brownies according to package directions and pour into a 13x9x2-inch baking pan coated with nonstick cooking spray and dusted with flour. Bake 20 to 25 minutes. Do not overcook. When done, top with marshmallows and return to oven 3 to 5 minutes longer, until the marshmallows are soft. Watch carefully.
- In a small microwaveproof bowl, heat caramels and evaporated milk in microwave 1 minutes; stir, and heat 1 minute longer, or until mixture is smooth. Drizzle caramel mixture over the marshmallows.
- To prepare the topping: In a small saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa and cornstarch. Gradually add milk, stirring until well blended. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Drizzle over brownies.