- 4pounds Idaho potatoes, peeled
- 1pound bacon, crisply cooked, and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2cup chopped green onions
- 2cups grated or shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2cups sour cream (regular or low-fat)
- 1tablespoon black pepper
- 1teaspoon salt
Cook whole potatoes in boiling, unsalted water until tender. Refrigerate until chilled, then chop into 1-inch pieces.
Transfer the potatoes to a large bowl along with the remaining ingredients and thoroughly combine.
Chill at least 2 hours before serving. Adjust the seasoning prior to serving.
Recipe courtesy of Kenny Bowers, Chef/Owner, Kenny's Wood Fired Grill, Dallas, Texas