Loaded Baked Potato Salad
- Yield 8 servings
This salad involves everything you would put on a loaded baked potato -- sour cream, bacon, cheddar, chives, onion, butter -- in a refreshing presentation.
- 4 pounds Idaho potatoes, peeled
- 1 pound bacon, crisply cooked, and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cups grated or shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream (regular or low-fat)
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cook whole potatoes in boiling, unsalted water until tender. Refrigerate until chilled, then chop into 1-inch pieces.
- Transfer the potatoes to a large bowl along with the remaining ingredients and thoroughly combine.
- Chill at least 2 hours before serving. Adjust the seasoning prior to serving.