Little Chica Mango Chicken
- Yield: 4 servings
- 3tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2tablespoons honey
- 1tablespoon peeled minced fresh ginger
- 4 (5-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2large ripe mangos, peeled and cubed
- 1/4cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat broiler to high and make sure oven rack is in highest position. Combine soy sauce, honey and ginger in a small bowl and whisk together until well mixed. Place chicken in a medium sized bowl. Reserve two tablespoons sauce and pour remaining sauce over chicken, turning chicken to coat well. Spray a broiler pan with cooking spray. Place chicken on broiler pan and place in oven to cook 5 to 7 minutes until turning golden. Remove from broiler, turn chickenover and spoon remaining sauce on top of chicken. Return to broiler and cook for additional 5 to 6 minutes or until juices run clear or internal temperature reads 165 F on instant read thermometer when inserted into thickest part of chicken.
- Meanwhile, combine mango cubes and cilantro in a medium bowl and toss together gently.
- To serve, place chicken on a platter in a diagonal row. Top with mango and cilantro and serve.
Serving Tips: If you like it spicy, add 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper to mango and cilantro mixture. You could also add one cup chopped red bell pepper to the mango and cilantro.
Recipe by Catherine Ralston, courtesy of the National Mango Board