Linguine with Brie and Shrimp
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 4large tomatoes
- 1cup fresh basil leaves
- 8ounces Brie cheese, rind removed and cheese chopped
- 3-- garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 to 1/3cup olive oil
- 3/4teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon pepper
- 16ounces linguine
- 8ounces shrimp, peeled
- 1teaspoon shrimp boil
- -- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut the tomatoes into 1/2-inch pieces. Stack the basil leaves and roll tightly like a cigar. Slice thinly across the stem horizontally.
- Mix the tomatoes, chiffonade of basil, Brie cheese, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper in a large serving bowl. Let stand, covered, at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain.
- Cook the shrimp with the shrimp boil in simmering water in a saucepan for 2 to 3 minutes or until the shrimp turn pink; drain. Chop the shrimp and fold into the tomato mixture. Add the hot pasta and toss until coated. Top with Parmesan cheese.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the National Association of Junior Auxiliaries’ Silver Spoons Blueberry Afternoons (the National Association of Junior Auxiliaries, Inc., Greenville, Mississippi, 2008).