Linguine with Brie and Shrimp
- Yield 4 to 6 servings
Serve this dish when you want to impress your guests.
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 8 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed and cheese chopped
- 3 -- garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 16 ounces linguine
- 8 ounces shrimp, peeled
- 1 teaspoon shrimp boil
- -- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut the tomatoes into 1/2-inch pieces. Stack the basil leaves and roll tightly like a cigar. Slice thinly across the stem horizontally.
- Mix the tomatoes, chiffonade of basil, Brie cheese, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper in a large serving bowl. Let stand, covered, at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain.
- Cook the shrimp with the shrimp boil in simmering water in a saucepan for 2 to 3 minutes or until the shrimp turn pink; drain. Chop the shrimp and fold into the tomato mixture. Add the hot pasta and toss until coated. Top with Parmesan cheese.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the National Association of Junior Auxiliaries’ Silver Spoons Blueberry Afternoons (the National Association of Junior Auxiliaries, Inc., Greenville, Mississippi, 2008).