Linguine with Walnut-Sage Pesto
- Yield: 4 servings
The pesto is wonderful with fresh pasta, but would be equally good with pork chops or roasted butternut squash.
- 1/2cup walnuts, toasted
- 1/2cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1large garlic clove, minced
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2tablespoons walnut oil
- 3/4teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese, plus additional for serving
- 1 (9-ounce) package fresh linguine
- Combine walnuts, parsley, sage and garlic in a mini-processor; pulse until finely chopped. Drizzle in oils; blend well. Transfer to a large serving bowl. Stir in salt, pepper and cheese.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water. Thin pesto with 1/3 cup reserved water. Add pasta, and toss thoroughly to combine, adding additional water, as necessary.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 445
- Fat 28g
- Cholesterol 40mg
- Sodium 598mg
- Carbohydrate 37g
- Fiber 3g
- Protein 14g