Linguine with Garlic, Shallots and Parmigiano Reggiano
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1pound linguine
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 7 anchovy fillets, minced
- 1/4cup white wine
- 1/4cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2tablespoons butter
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, grated on large hole of box grater
- 1/4cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4cup finely grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add shallots, garlic and anchovies; cook about 2 minutes.
- Add wine and chicken broth and cook to reduce about 4 minutes. Add cooked pasta, butter, salt, pepper and lemon rind and toss well. Place pasta on plates and sprinkle with grated egg, parsley and cheese.
—Recipe by Chef Jon Ashton